Viva Questions | Details of Susceptibility Experiment
1. What is susceptibility?
2. What is magnetization and how it can be achieve?
3. Does an atom with one electron in outer shell can behave like a bar magnet? or simply does an atom can be equivalent to the bar magnet?
4. What is atomic dipole?
5. How to find the atomic dipole element?
6. What is magnetic field induction and magnetic field intensity, how you will define it and what is the relationship between them?
7. How do you see magnetic field density in a region of magnetic field by bar magnet?
8. What is the unit of magnetic field induction (density) and magnetic field intensity and from which letters we represent to them?
9. What is the role of external magnetic field in magnetization of the material, how atomic dipole moments of atoms plays the role in the magnetization?
10. Can you explain the types of magnetic material (Diamagnetic, Paramagnetic, Ferromagnetic, Antiferromagnetic) on the basis of atomic dipole moments?
11. In which unit you measure the magnetic field intensity H, meniscus height h in your observation?
12. Does you have plot the graph between h and H^2, if yes where you will use the slope of this graph and why?
13. In which unit system you calculated the value of susceptibility, SI or CGS?
14. What is g in the susceptibility formula and unit of it?
15. What is Gauss Probe and for what purpose we use it?
16. What is an electromagnet, how do we use it to magnetize the material?
17. Why the FeCl3 liquid in Quinke’s tube rise or fall in the presence of external magnetic field?
18. Does magnetic field intensity will increase after increasing the current of an electromagnet?
19. What signifies value of the susceptibility in your experiment?
20. Can you determine the susceptibility value of iron piece from Quinke’s method?
Sources/Information Required to Explain/Understand the Experiment :
1. Atomic Dipole and its Magnetic Moment Concept
3. Types of Magnetic Materials
4. Working of Electromagnet
5. Unit system (SI or CGS)
6. Magnetic field and Magnetic Field Intensity Concepts
7. Nature of the Force on the magnetic material (here liquid) in the presence of external magnetic field
- Properties of optical fibers 2019-02-14T14:27:22+00:00
- What is Total Internal Reflection (TIR)? 2019-02-14T13:56:37+00:00
- Important Features of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) 2019-02-09T16:13:24+00:00
- Keywords Role in Academic Research 2018-12-16T13:34:44+00:00