Shiny ABHAS MITRA- 1’st Physicist Claim Black Holes Alternative
About Prof. Abhas Mitra
He is the first physicist to not only show/claim that the so-called “Black Holes’’ (a crucial concept in Astrophysics & Physics for 100 years) cannot be true black holes.
Prof. Abhas Mitra (born on June 03, 1955 at Belur, West Bengal), is Head, Theoretical Astrophysics Section, Astrophysical Sciences Division (APSD), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai -400094, since 2005; Technically, Scientific Officer (H+). Ph.D. guide (Physics) for Mumbai University & Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) where he is an Adjunct Professor.
He has completed their basic Educational Qualifications: (i) M.Sc. (Physics), 1st Class, University of Kolkata (1977). But results came in 1979 because of ultra-left political turmoil. (ii) BARC Training School, 23rd Batch (3rd in Physics stream): Aug 1979 – July 1980. This was more than a M. Phil degree. (iii) Ph.D.
Thesis entitled “A New Theory of Ultra High Energy Gamma Ray Production In Cygnus X-3’’ was ready for submission to Kashmir University in 1990. But because of militant uprising, this could not be done. Later an updated thesis was submitted in Mumbai University, & degree obtained in 1994. This thesis c
ontained all single authored papers in leading international journals and hence equivalent to a D.Sc. degree (guide was only an official formality).
He is one of the rare astrophysicists in the world whose research has spanned such a wide range:
- Gamma Ray Astronomy, X-ray Binaries & Millisecond pulsars, Cosmic Gamma Ray Bursts, Diffusive Shock Acceleration, General Relativity, Gravitational Collapse, Various aspects of Cosmology, Classical Mechanics. He happens to be only Relativistic Astrophysicist & Cosmologist in the 67 year history of BARC.
- Initiated serious research in Theoretical Astrophysics singlehandedly not only in APSD/BARC but also in the state of J&K of India by braving immense difficulties.
- First to show that photo-meson process could be the leading source of high energy cosmic
- gamma-rays in some X-ray binaries. His research on Cygnus X-3 got cited in Nature News & Views (P.S. Conti, Nature 355, 680, 1992).Another paper on Cygnus X-3, got discussed in the prestigious international magazine Sky & Telescope in 1998: http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/906966/questioning-cygnus-x-3s-black-holeIn India, he pioneered the theoretical research on Cosmic Gamma Ray Bursts. He was the first ever speaker (amongst only 12 worldwide) from India in famous (1995), 3rd Huntsville Gamma Ray Burst Conf: http://gammaray.nsstc.nasa.gov/events/3hgrbs/abstracts/models.html
- One of the very few BARC scientists who has delivered prestigious “Wednesday Colloquium’’ in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (On Gamma Ray Burst research).
Prof. Abhas Mitra selected for European Commission – DST (India) Post Doc position to work with Prof. (Sir) Martin Rees (later Astronomer Royale), Cambridge University, in 1992. But this did not materialize in the absence of a formal Ph.D. degree. His career in BARC did not offer any scope for formal teaching. However, he is competent to teach all areas of physics (except biological physics) at any level.
AJAY SHARMA who challenged the fundamental laws of Physics
1. SENIOR VISITING POSITIONS:
Worked as a visiting professor in Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics, Heidelberg, Germany in 2006. Got qualified as an USA National Research Council SENIOR ASSOCIATE, High Energy Astrophysics Group, Goddard Space Flight Centre, NASA in 2004. But Indian scientists were informally banned in US Govt. Labs following Pokhran II nuclear explosion by India.
2. PROFESSIONAL HONORS:
3. SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS:
4. BLACK HOLE ALTERNATIVE:
He is the first physicist to not only show/claim that the so-called “Black Holes’’ (a crucial concept in Astrophysics & Physics for 100 years) cannot be true black holes, but also suggested the most likely nature of such objects. Details about BH research at national & international levels
5. RESEARCH IN COSMOLOGY:
For the first time he obtained the “Curvature Form’’ of the FRW metric used to describe an isotropic & homogeneous universe. Also, for the first time, he derived the FRW metric by actually solving all relevant Einstein equations rather than by relying on geometric arguments.
The 2011 Nobel Prize in physics involved the concept of a mysterious cosmic repulsive force called “Dark Energy’’.Any many leading cosmologists including (G F R Ellis) have argued that “Dark Energy’’ might be an artifact of “back reaction’’ of a real universe which is significantly inhomogeneous. Such an idea has been confirmed by 4 research papers by him which have shown that, the most likely candidate for Dark Energy, namely, the Cosmological Constant of Einstein, is exactly zero.
His 2 papers in General Relativity & Gravitation and New Astronomy have shown that in order that energy density of the FRW universe (including matter & field) is unique, it can expand only in a unique linear fashion. This exact result rules out the hypothesis of “Cosmic Inflation’’, and accordingly, he insisted that the 2014 BICEP2 claim of confirmation of “Cosmic Inflation’’ must be incorrect.
In 2015, his prediction has been re-confirmed: Cosmic inflation theory of Big Bang bites the space dust (Nature, Feb 02, 2015).
Unknown Inhomogeneous Universe:
In 2014, his paper in Mon. Not. Roy. Astron. Soc, showed that a linearly expanding Big Bang universe is actually vacuumed and the “expansion’’ is a mathematical illusion, a coordinate effect. In effect, this means that only pure vacuum can be perfectly homogeneous & isotropic.
In other words, the real universe containing galaxies must be inhomogeneous and complex. Indeed, the study of cosmic gamma ray bursts at largest scales (3 Gpc, z=2) indicates that the universe is inhomogeneous and lumpy.
Physics problems in the physical Universe involve various complexities like inhomogeneity, heat flow, radiation transfer, the ever-changing equation of state of matter etc. If such complexities would be incorporated, even Newtonian physics, let alone far more complicated General Relativity, would never yield any nice “Exact Solution’’.
This implies that the “Exact solutions’ of GR, on which the “Black Hole’’ and “Big Bang’’ paradigms have been built over past 100 years cannot represent the real throbbing live universe. His research has proved this simple truth by showing that some crucial `exact solutions’/singularities’ are illusory for the real universe, which suggests that the so-called “black holes’’ are much more lively & interesting objects; and the physical universe is much richer & complex, and of course unknown.
Contacts: Emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 022-25579093, M: 09167843785
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- How to Find Ionization Potential of Hg-Mercury ?|| Physics Experiment-9 02/09/2019
- Shiny ABHAS MITRA- 1’st Physicist Claim Black Holes Alternative 10/08/2019
- Late Prof. Walter Greiner 10/08/2019
- Yagnaswami Sundara Rajan (Y. S. Rajan) Honorary Distinguished Professor 10/08/2019
- Adequate 3 Strategies in the Class 09/08/2019